Thank you to everyone who endured the heat on this hot, humid day to participate at our first in-person meetup during Tier 2 of the pandemic. I promise our next event will have shade!
But look how cute our group photo turned out.
Having an event at the Farmers Market means being surrounded by an abundance of local food and refreshing beverages from small businesses. There were also a lot of people, tents, plants, and buildings to sketch. Kaka’ako does have it all.
We’re tentatively looking at Saturday, November 21st for our next gathering. Stay tuned.
October is flying by and soon it will be Saturday! Please read previous post here for location and guidelines from Urban Sketchers Executive Board.
To RSVP, email email@example.com by Oct 23rd with your name and phone number. So far, there are 6 people attending, so we will break up into 2 groups. This is just for the sharing and group photo part of the event as sketching is really a solo activity.
Looking forward to seeing all your happy faces on Saturday!
We hope that everyone is well and eager to return to in-person sketching on location! Sharpen your pencils, grab your supplies, and join us next week Saturday for a fun morning.
As we return to the new normal of in-person sketching, we do have new guidelines from USk Executive Board for all Urban Sketchers Chapters.
Guideline for Urban Sketchers Chapter Gatherings
- If you feel sick, stay home.
- Everyone must wear a facemark or face covering.
- Please maintain social distancing of 6 feet from others.
- If you plan to attend, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by Oct 23rd with the following info: name and phone number. We will retain this info for at least a month for contact tracing purposes. You are still welcome to join us if you don’t RSVP, but you will be asked for your contact info on site.
- If you attend and become ill, notify one of the team leaders (Christine, Bill, or I) immediately.
- If we have more than 5 participants, we will break into smaller groups no more than 5 to adhere to Oahu’s social gathering mandate.
Parking at Kaka’ako Farmers Market
The Kaka’ako Farmers Market is open every Saturday 8-noon. Even in the pandemic, it is a popular place for locals to pick up fresh produce, crafts, and ready-to-go meals. Because we start at 10am, parking can be challenging. We encourage you to come early so that you have time to find stress-free parking a little farther away, such as at Ward Centre, a leisure 10-minute walk. Also, don’t forget to bring water and your own chair. It’s hot out there!
On a side note
Thank you for participating in our virtual sketching events these past few months. Even if we couldn’t gather together, it was great to be able to share our sketches every week with one another. Since we plan to gather once again, we will suspend weekly virtual sketching. But feel free to continue sketching and share your sketches with the group on Flickr and Instagram.